- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- Spray oil for pan
Notes: Recipe makes approx. 12 crepes. Castor sugar is optional whether wanting sweet or savoury crepes. The batter should have the consistency of pouring cream so if it’s a little thick add some more milk.
- Mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla essence, salt and oil well. I use a blender to ensure there are no lumps in my batter but a whisk would also do the job.
- Heat frying pan and spray lightly. Reduce heat if pan appears to be burning the batter. I LOVE to use a handy little frying pan I got from Ikea for $8.00 (Bargain!) It makes a 20cm diameter crepe.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the frying pan and pick the pan up and roll the batter around the edges a few times (similar to how you would an omelette).
- Once you see the majority of the batter has cooked through one side (and the edges start to curl up around the crepe) flip it over for about 30 seconds just to lightly brown the other side then serve.
- Serve with your choice of icing sugar, maple syrup, sugar & lemon or with some delicious bacon!