- 4 bacon rashes, diced
- 30g butter
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 2Tbs plain flour
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 4 vegetable stock cubes
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 300g carton of sour cream
- Parsley to garnish
Notes: The number of vegetable stock depends on the amount required per 250ml of water. My cubes in the pantry are 1 cube for every 250ml.
- Cook bacon and onion in a large saucepan until lightly browned.
- Add butter and onions cooking over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, gradually add water, stock cubes and potatoes and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Combine egg yolks and sour cream then gradually stir through and reheat without boiling.
- Serve in your favourite soup bowl with some chopped parsley to garnish.